Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just For My Sara

My cute cousin Sara wanted to see some before and after pics of some of the furniture I refinished. So this one is for you!!! :) The top picture was taken in the previous owners home. This is the piano at my house - what a project!!!!! Consider this the before and almost after. If you look closely on the left hand side you can see where it still needs to be lacquered..... so pretend that is done... you can get a pretty good idea of what it looks like. :) I would have loved to keep the original color of the wood but unfortunately on the side there was major damage to the wood. So I had to fill it in with wood filler. My only real option was to paint it.
Do you think it looks better? I hope so!!!

10 comments:

fausetts6 said...

I LOVE IT!!!! It looks like a completely different piano. You really do have a talent for making things look great. I really like the paint. I have some furniture that needs some work, I should hire you. when you coming back!??!?!?!?!?!? love ya

Hansen Family said...

That looks great, what a talent you have!! I did not know you played the piano??

Mindy said...

Holy cow that is beautiful. That would look perfect in my house, want to sell it? :)

The Walkers said...

It looks GREAT!!! But how are you going to get it back to UTAH!!!!!

The Patty Cake House said...

I don't have to get it back to Utah...... Dave does!!! :O) HAHAHAHA!!!!!

The Cook Clan said...

I like it much better black!! It looks brand new...you did a GREAT job!!

Katie Webb said...

I think the dark wood matches your other decorations better than it would have if you left it. Good job! You're very talented!

Campbells said...

That looks great, I have an old piano that needs to be refinished and I have never even thought of doing it myself, but perhaps you have inspired me????

Kelli Westover said...

WOW Emilie I love it!!!!!! you did a great job! I love it Black! Now I want to hear you play a song!!!!

thejencooper said...

Oh wow that's gorgeous!