Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Sweet Experience

It seems like lately I have had a lot of spiritual things on my mind. As you know from my previous posts. I use this as my journal and sometimes I'm sure I record things that are not very interesting to anyone but me. But some of these things are things that I want to remember.

Today at church I had a very testimony building experience. Our ward was split today into a Branch and then a Ward. As I sat and listened to both the old the old and new members of the Bishopric and Branch Presidency I was touched by the love they had for each other. One of the Counselors in our previous Bishopric could barely speak. He said that he was overwhelmed with emotion because of the love he felt for those he served with and would greatly miss serving with the men he served with. The spirit was so strong that it moved me to tears. I could feel how much he loved the other members of the Bishopric.

I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude to belong to a church where we serve along side of one another to achieve a common goal. All of us are imperfect people struggling to do the best we can and we are so lucky to have members of our ward who lead us with patience and kindness to where we need to be.

I feel so grateful to have had people in my life that were willing to look past my imperfections and believe in me. I have had many life changing experiences due to people who believed in me and made me feel like I was an important part of a ward. I'm so grateful for those who took on roles to take care of my little family like I was a part of their family. I'm grateful for friends who continue to bless my life with their examples - I sure have great friends.

Its amazing what blessings can come by serving in your wards. I accepted a calling in the Primary in the Morgan fifth ward a few years ago. I have to say I was a little nervous when I accepted the calling because it was a very young class filled with strong little spirits. Because of that call I received such a huge blessing - my sweet, sweet friend who was called to serve right beside me. We did not know each other before that and Heavenly Father knew I needed her. My life would not be the same without her.

I guess today I feel so blessed to have a testimony. I love this gospel - I love the people that I am blessed to come in contact with. Chances are if you are reading this I love you too!!!!

Thanks for listening to me ramble on and on... I'm sure there is more to come.

6 comments:

The Walkers said...

You are one of the people that I have been so blessed to be able to know. You are such a strength to me. You know that I love you as if you were my own. I am so thankful for strong testimonies that help me be a better person. I love you, you are the best!!!

Hansen Family said...

Em, What a great person you are!! I miss you so much, I can't wait for you to come back to Morgan. I hope all is well.

Love Ya

Heather said...

I'm so sad I missed it! The next few weeks should prove interesting though!

fausetts6 said...

you are the best!!! Thanks for your great example. Love you

Adam and Sherry said...

Um did you know that I love you!!! You are the best!! You always help me to see the things I should and to not get lost in the crazies!!! Can't wait till you get home. I miss you tons!!

Deedles said...

Thanks for this post. I think it's amazing how a ward family truely connects together like a family. How ties are formed between people and how everyone touches each others life for good! I love this gospel! Thanks! :) Love ya!