Friday, August 7, 2009

Back To School

Oh how I love these boys!!!! Today was the first day of school. This year I took the boys back to school shopping with me. They each got to pick out their own school clothes. This was especially easy because in DODS schools they have a dress code. They can only wear collared polo shirts without any logos or designs. So we have about every color polo that you could find. I really enjoyed hanging out with them all day. We went to lunch and just had a great day. They had fun doing everything but trying things on. I really just love being with them. They are such good boys - I am a very lucky mom.
It seems like it was only yesterday that I walked little Colton into his first day of kindergarten. He is now in the sixth grade and growing up more and more every single day. I can't believe how fast time flies by. I think this year I have realized that I need to slow down and enjoy every moment.Kaden has always been a Mommy's boy and this year walking him into his third grade class I realized little by little he is becoming more and more independent. Of course this is a good thing but I can't help but want to hang on to the little boy who needed mom for everything a little bit longer. I am sure that it will just evolve into needing mom for different things as the years go by. At least I hope so.

I love my boys!!!

8 comments:

Adam and Sherry said...

I CAN'T STAND IT!!!!! They are getting way too big without me :( ((SNIFF SNIFF))

Hansen Family said...

Holy Cow EM, they are so handsome and getting so big. I can't believe it!! We miss you guys sooooo much.

This Idaho Girl said...

Kaden's picture kind of looks like a mug shot. LOL. Just think, they'll have a very exciting wardrobe for when you go back to Idaho. DOD schools should add a more exciting mandate for dress codes such as wearing only puffy shirts or fish net tights for girls. Seriously, you've got great boys. They are so handsome, too.

fausetts6 said...

Wow, such handsome young men. And I can't believe you are already starting school, we don't start until the 26th. I love Kaden's new glasses. Colton is such a mini dave.

The Cook Clan said...

They both look soooo handsome!! And Kaden is just too cute in his glasses.=) I hope they have a great year!! We start school next week =)

Deedles said...

Wow! I can't believe school is already starting. We start in a couple weeks. Kate starts school and I can't believe it! Before I know it she'll be in 6th grade! Love you guys! You're boys really are so handsome! :)

Jessica said...

Those boys are so gosh dang cute. I can't believe how much I miss them. They are getting big so fast. Get back to this side of the states ASAP!

Kelli Westover said...

Oh my Gosh... They are so big! Kaden looks so adorable in his glasses! What big little men you have! I miss them so much! I cant wait to see you this weekend! YEAH! Girls time out! Woot woot!