Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Carving Pumpkins

I LOVE FALL!!!!! We had lots of fun with the boys carving their pumpkins this year. Porter was not quite sure if he really wanted to gut his pumpkin by himself but when he saw his brothers going crazy he decided he could not miss out.
After the pumpkins were finished we lit them up and left one on the table and put two on top of our TV Armoire. We had carmel apples and sugar cookies and watched a scarry movie together. A kid freindly scarry movie of course. (One that you might watch Sherry:>)

After the movie was over we moved the pumpkins to the porch and started the big clean up. It was so much fun!!!! Happy Halloween to you all!!!!!







8 comments:

The Walkers said...

SO much fun!!! However I think carving pumpkins is gross so I bought the kids faces just to stick on pumpkins so that we didn't have all the mess. And by the way, next year you can be invited to Grandma Halloween!!!!

Adam and Sherry said...

OK you know me way too well!!!! What was their movie :) You never know what I will watch :) If I could just get you to come home I just might watch a scary movie with you. MAYBE!!! But don't hold me to that :) I am so glad you had so much fun and the pumpkins look awesome and your tablecloth is adorable!!!!

Heather said...

I was sooo impressed when I saw 3 carved pumpkins on your porch! I read that if you smear the carved parts with vaseline they will stay fresh longer.

It's a Wonderful Life said...

Sounds like a blast!!!!

Jessica said...

Ugh. Jealous! I wish I was there for your Halloween party. Or just there at all.

Campbells said...

I love little family parties like that. Kids always remember them when they are grown, or at least I hope they will. :)

This Idaho Girl said...

Aren't you glad you only have to clean that mess up once a year?

Shelley said...

So fun!!

What was the movie? Our kids watched Gremlins 2 with some neighborhood boys this year and just loved it.