Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Wish I Knew

This was added to our family newsletter by my grandfather. I thought it was really beautiful. It made me stop to think that if only we could always remember that perhaps we may not know everything - that life is a lesson to be learned -how much better off would we be?




I wish I had known that a mans habits are hard to change after age 21
I wish I had known that the harvest depends so much upon the seeds sown
I wish I had known that you cannot get something for nothing
I wish I had known the world would give me just about what I deserve
I wish I had known the folly of not taking advice of older, wiser people
I wish I had known that everything mother told me to do was right
I wish I had known that dad was not such an old fogey after all
I wish I had known what it meant to a father and mother to raise a son
I wish I had known more of the helpful, inspiring parts of the bible
I wish I had known of the tremendous value of the opportunity to help my fellow man
I wish I had known that there is not a better exercise for the heart than to reach down to help someone up
I wish I had known the sweat of my brow would earn my bread
I wish I had known that through education brings the best part of everything else
I wish I had known honesty is the only policy, not only dealing with my neighbors, but also with myself and God
And today I wish I knew the formula to impress upon young people that life is a mirror that will reflect back what you think into it
-Author Unknown

1 comment:

Adam and Sherry said...

ok fabulous tips!! I love your grandpa he is so wise.