I wanted to take a minute today and thank everyone who has been so kind to me through the past few days. As some of you know my Uncle Jared was killed in a tragic motorcycle accident on Wednesday morning on his way to work. The news of the accident was heart wrenching. I am still trying to learn how to comfort those who are deeply affected by this tragedy.
I am so grateful for my testimony of the gospel. Life is so fragile and how lucky we are that when this mortal life is over - it is not the end!
I read through this months First Presidency Message by President Monson - it was such a comfort to me and I'm sure to others. It is titled "May We So Live." I thought I would share some of the things that touched my heart.
- "The darkness of death, however, can ever be dispelled by the light of revealed truth.
“I am the resurrection, and the life,” spoke the Master. “He that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: “And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.” (John 11:25-26)
This reassurance—yes, even holy confirmation—of life beyond the grave could well provide the peace promised by the Savior when He assured His disciples: “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”(John 14:27) - "May we resolve from this day forward to fill our hearts with love. May we go the extra mile to include in our lives any who are lonely or downhearted or who are suffering in any way. May we “[cheer] up the sad and [make] someone feel glad.” May we live so that when that final summons is heard, we may have no serious regrets, no unfinished business, but will be able to say with the Apostle Paul, “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.”
I am so grateful for the many calls from everyone. I have not had a chance to call many people but it was amazing to me that suddenly I would get a call from someone just to offer support. I have not been able to answer all of the calls but I want you to know that it means a lot to me.
Ultimately this has opened my eyes to how quickly this life can be over and how "the little things" that we fuss over or get mad about are so, so not worth it. I hope I can go this day forward and be a little kinder - more forgiving - and most of all more open about my feelings for the ones I love.
6 comments:
Oh Emilie! I am so sorry. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
You are so cute! I hope you are starting to feel better. Our prayers are always with you guys but espically now. Take care and we love you guys
Thank you so much for this. I have been wanting to leave a post regarding what has been going on with Dan and I but I didn't know what to say. I hope you don't mind me borrowing some quotes. If you need anything let me know.
I am so sorry! I had no idea....I hope you are doing okay...hugs and prayers for you!
I am so sorrry about your uncle. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers
Oh Em....I am soooo sorry. I wish I could be there to help you through this tough time. Our prayers are with you and your family!
Post a Comment