Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Life Changing Quote


"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
I read this quote and have been thinking about it a couple of days now. It is definitely something that could change lives. It is something I am going to strive to do. Battles come is so many different forms - each one a struggle for the ones who are fighting it. We may never know how a simple act of kindness may affect someone in the midst of their own "personal battle," but I am certain that it can change lives. Not just for the ones receiving kindness but for the ones giving as well.
I have friends who are my personal heroes because they are masters of being kind. Friends who will pack up their newborn baby and drive to my house because she had a "feeling" that I was having a hard time. Since that time I have known without a shadow of a doubt that no matter what - I have someone who without question would drop everything for me. That has been a life changer for me. Friends who would drive across the country with a car full of children just to see me for a few days. Friends who become like moms because they treat you just like one of their own. Friends who cry with you when you cry, only because it hurts them to see you sad. I have truly been blessed - far beyond what I deserve and I am so grateful!

7 comments:

Adam and Sherry said...

ok you make me cry!!! You really must come home soon I miss you too much!!!

~The Dippold's said...

As always I loved the quote and put it on my blog! You are such a wonderful example!! You are the best!! You always brighten my day??

Kattelman Krew said...

WOW, it makes me cry because I have had people who have influenced my life in that way... wise words, thank you for sharing -sometimes we don't know when we are needed as a "tool" for Heavenly Fathers work.

Hansen Family said...

Ok I just abouted cried. I miss you so much. I hope that everything is good with you and your family

Katie Webb said...

That was great Emilie! I'm glad you posted it. If you don't mind I'm going to put that quote on my blog.

Heather said...

I have always loved that quote. It is so true.

Jackie Pettit said...

I miss you! Come home soon!