I really went back and forth as to if I should publish this post. I am not a big fan of bragging and I was worried that this may sound a little braggish. But I've decided that we are really proud of Colton and some of the choices that he has made and most of the people who read my blog love Colton too and would be proud of him right along side of us.
We received a letter in the mail with an invitation for Colton to attend the Junior National Young Leaders Conference in Washington D.C.
The first paragraph in the letter addressed to us said, "I am thrilled to inform you that, based on his academic achievements and leadership potential, your son, Colton, has been nominated to attend the Junior National Young Leaders Conference to be held in the spring 2010 in Washington, D.C. Colton was nominated by his teacher, Mrs. Lakeisha Valentine, who recognized him as one of a select group of students with the scholastic merit, maturity and strength of character to represent Ft. Rucker Elementary School at this unique leadership program for exceptional students. On behalf of the members of the United States Congress who serve our Honorary Congressional Board of Advisors, I congratulate you on Colton's achievements. You must be very proud."
We are so proud of Colton and this recognition he has received for all of his hard work. We've always been proud of Colton and the way that he tries so hard to do what is right not only in his school work but with friends. He is always looking out for the under dog and to be honest it is that attribute that I am most proud of him for.
We let Colton read the letter addressed to him and his face was beaming. I tried to catch a little bit of it in pictures but it is impossible to capture a moment like that in a picture. He was almost in tears because he could not believe that this was for him. Every kid could use a letter like this to boost their self esteem.
7 comments:
Go Colton! That is fabulous!
I'm not even a bit surprised that Colton was chosen for this honor. He is pretty special!!! I'm so glad you decided to share this news with all of us.
Awe Colton is so great! I am so excited and proud of him. Love him!
HOLY COW!!!!!!! Colton you are amazing!!! Your "aunt" Sherry is so proud of you. You are such a good kid I really am so proud of you. You are such a good worker and a GREAT kid!!! We love you so much!!!!!
Awesome Colton! Keep up the good work! It will pay off!
Colton that is sooo awesome, way to go!! We are so proud of you, keep up the good work!!
Oh wow!! How awesome is that!! What an incredible honor!! Way to go Colton!! We are so proud of him too!! What a great kid!!
Post a Comment