As my kids get older I am finding it more and more important to impress upon them the true meaning of Christmas. This year I decided to order this picture of Christ and put it by the tree as a constant reminder of why we really celebrate Christmas. Of course I want Christmas to be full of fun and magic but I also want them to feel the importance of remembering our Savior. I would love to hear any ideas or traditions you have in your families that help to remember the true meaning of Christmas.
13 comments:
The picture looks awesome in that frame. You inspire me in so many ways. I have no great traditions to share relating to the true meaning, although I can recommend some awesome children's books that are meaningful to adults as well. I guess the one thing that really stands out to me is that we always did the 12 Days of Christmas for a needy family in our ward.
OK first off that picture is gorgeous!!!! And that stand is amazing!!! I can't wait to hear other peoples ideas because we are in exactly the same boat as you. I want to help my kids remember what Christmas is all about. The one thing we do is on christmas eve we always read the story from the scriptures for them. But another great idea my cousin had was she has tons of books you know the good inspirational ones from deseret book. She was wrapping the books and putting them under the tree and the kids get to open one each night to read before they go to bed. I thought it sounded like a great way to end the day.
what a good idea...that's is absolutely breathtaking...I'm serious!!
This year I purchased a John McNaughton nativity picture. I now know exactly what I am going to do with it. GREAT idea!!!! I knew you were part of this family for a great reason. You have such a great spirit. Thanks. RS MOM
we read "Teach the Children". If you want a copy let me know. It teaches what all the things of Christmas represent. Candy canes, trees, lights, starts, Santa, bells, wreaths, etc.
Christmas is about something more than presents? What? My mind just exploded.
I love it!! What a great idea!!! The picture looks so perfect next to the tree...I am totally going to copy you!! =) And what a constant visual reminder of why we have Christmas and what's really, truly important...you're so awesome =)=)
That is such a beutiful picture, and a great idea!!!
Once again you are amazing Emilie! I love this picture by your beautiful tree! What lucky children you have to call you Mother! When i think about you and Kendra growing up and how cute you were, I never dreamed you would both turn out to be such awesome mother! And this little POrter is do die for! Love ya!
What a great idea! I might have to steal that one!
Somehow I missed this post until now! I have a book that we made at homemaking when Chris and I were first married. Every night till Christmas is kind of like a mini devotional. Read a scripture, sing a Christmas song, and a short Christmas story. I could email it to you if you are interested. =)
you are amazing. The pic is such a great idea and looks beautiful
What a wonderful idea! I love it! It looks beautiful!
Post a Comment