Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Powell Family Reunion 2010

This year the annual Powell Family Reunion was held at the City of Rocks State Park. We have missed the last three years of reunions because we have been so far away. Dave was gone for annual training so the boys and I decided we would still go. Here is a little recap..... We started the day off watching Jessica (my sister) free climb a rock. I was sooooo not happy about this. Number one I am a freak about safety and I'm super afraid of heights so watching this was pretty much torture. After she climbed down we had a little talk...... so happy that she listens to me!!! (NOT AT ALL) In spite of my annoyance with her dangerous ways I was pretty impressed with her climbing abilities.


Here is Jess and Colton getting ready for Coltons first climb. Of course he was completely equipped with all the safety gear.

He's loving every minute!


This is just a cute picture of Kaden and Jenna. Love them both!!!!
Kaden getting his turn at the big climb!
And then there is Porter!!! I have to say that this was not the best place for the mother of a 4 year old boy who has no fear!!!

He spent most of his day being held like this........ and when he refused to sit still.......
We tied a rope around him!!! :) (This is Creighton.. Jessica's friend)
My dad decided that it was his turn to make the climb........
This picture pretty much sums it up!!! He was so funny!!! I'm thinking I may be able
to get something great if I use this as blackmail!!! :)


I absolutely love this picture. This is my Grandma. She is such a sweet and wonderful lady! I have never heard her say an angry word or something unkind to anyone. I think she is pretty special!

Me and my boys!!! I sure love them!!!

7 comments:

Kelli Westover said...

That looks like so much fun! I sure miss you all so much! We so need to get together soon! Colton is SO big! Dylan talks about him alot and wants to get together! Call me k!

Adam and Sherry said...

O I LOVE THEM ALL!!!!! And cute Jenna when do we get to see her again :) Glad you had so much fun and you all came back alive :)

Adam and Sherry said...

O PS those pictures from today will NOT appear on your blog right :)

It's a Wonderful Life said...

all I can say is that was the best reunion I have ever been too:) Perfect location:) Love ya

This Idaho Girl said...

A post! A post! Now where are the pictures of you climbing the City of Rocks?

Hansen Family said...

How fun, I love rock climbing it has been a super long time since I have done it.

Heather said...

I can only imagine the fun Porter was finding in such a situation! Good times!