Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Christmas Eve 2010

I do know that it is the end of March and I am just getting my Christmas pictures loaded. I figure that it is ok because the weather STILL FEELS LIKE CHRISTMAS HERE!!!


Most of you know that Christmas Eve in my family is a huge deal. We've missed a few years and we were so happy to be back among the festivities!

Christmas Eve morning the Porter family met at the church to have brunch and our fun program. The little kids get to act out the nativity... which is always a big hit!!


Porter was a Wiseman


Colton was a camel This is one of the best pictures ever! Jessica was the donkey that carried Mary. Please notice the tube sock we safety pinned to her bum as a tail. Kaden was Joseph (doesn't he look thrilled) Joseph and Mary and.... the donkey
The STAR of the show..... Jenna. Because Mary is only 5 years old the Star of Bethlehem was asked to hold the baby Jesus.


After the program we all went home to get ready for the evening party. It consists of eating, eating, eating and eating. Oh and after we eat we get to open 1 gift.

Some of the annual Christmas Eve food that is always present at our parties :

Chips and Grandma Porter's recipe for homemade dip

Chips and salsa, bean dip and guacamole

Bread and cheese dip

Bread and spinach dip (I have the best recipe)

Crackers and cheese ball

Lime Frappe (always goes in our santa mugs)

Homemade rolls

Cookie tray


Colton


Kaden and

our Santa mugs. Some of these mugs

have been around since my mom was a little girl.


Porter


Mom and Grandma


Dad and Dave

I have to say this is a charming picture

of my dad.

My absolute favorite part of Christmas this year was spending it with my grandparents.

I absolutely adore them. I don't know what I would do without them!

I searched for the perfect gifts for them this year. It was a little challenging because

I just wanted to give them something that was meaningful.

I found a childrens book for my Grandpa titled, "Grandpa's Night Before Christmas."

I got it for him because of one page in the book. It simply said, "Without you Grandpa

what would we do?"


For Grandma I came across the cutest sign that had the saying "Little Lambs Eat Ivy."

I absolutely could not believe it. My Grandma used to sign the song "Mairzy Doats" to me

when I was a little girl. I absolutely loved it when she would sing it to me!!! "Little lambs eat ivy" is a part of that song.

I have the best memories of sitting on her floor watching her put her makeup on and she would sing this song to me.



I have an amazing family. I love every member of my family. Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Parents, Sisters, Brother In Law's and of course my husband and my sweet boys. I am one very, very lucky girl!!!!


PS.....

I am sad to say that my pictures of Christmas morning were erased on Dave's camera by accident. It was quite devastating to me.... but take my word for it.... we had a fabulous day! :)

3 comments:

The Walkers said...

Christmas is wonderful, but Christmas with family is truly the best gift ever. How blessed we are to have family. Yours is a very special one.

Heather said...

I periodically crave that cheese dip with bread. Yum! I say better late than never. :)

Adam and Sherry said...

Ok I so want some chips and dip right now!! Time for a party :) And I love love love the pictures of your Grandma and Grandpa!! They are so wonderful!!!! But seeing your cute sisters as a star and a donkey are second best ;) HA HA HA!! <3 you all!!!