Saturday, April 18, 2009

Montgomery Zoo

I had to post some pictures of our fun day at the Montgomery Zoo. My friend Heather and I took the kids and had a great day. It was a perfect way to end a fun Spring Break. The kids had a lot of fun and really so did I.
This was one of my all time favorite things. These cute little Spider Monkeys were doing the funniest things. They were raising their hands to try and get people to throw food at them. It was amazing and so funny. The best part was when I spotted this cute little baby with its mama. So sweet!!!!
Porter and Ashlyn...... These two are so funny. They are both almost exactly the same age and have the funniest personalities. They are extreme opposites in so many ways. Heather and I both agree that if we could somehow combine their personalities we could almost have the perfect child. Although I think they both are pretty perfect just the way they are.


The Giraffes were Porters favorite animal. I could not get the other boys to pick their favorite. They loved them all!
All of the kiddos
Back Row - Kaden, Whitney, Gavin, Colton
Front and Center - Ashlyn and Porter

The BAMBOO!!!!! This is a picture of the boys in the midst of their all time favorite thing. BAMBOO!!!! They have Bamboo sticks given to them by Gavin that they love love love to play with. Well........ play with...... meaning fight each other with them. They were coveting the amazing bamboo and wishing there was a way to sneak a small saw in to cut it down. :)

Yep - that is exactly what you think it is. A Chimp scratching his behind. The boys were laughing soooooooo hard they thought it was the funniest thing that they had ever seen. The Chimp just sat there forever itching and itching. Long enough that the boys talked me into taking a picture. :)
RED ROBIN!!!!!! Oh yes I did!!!! I got to eat at Red Robin my all time favorite place EVER!!!! My California Chicken Burger minus lettuce and pickles was oh so good!!!! What a perfect way to end a great day!!!!
I do have to include one funny thing. When we got to the gate at Fort Rucker after 1 1/2 hours in the car with 6 wild children the gate guard looked at us and started laughing followed by "Oh, God bless you!" Maybe we had the frazzled mom look --- just maybe! :)

10 comments:

Hansen Family said...

How fun!! I love the zoo, I can't wait to take my kids this summer!

Heather said...

Our posts are eerily the same! Guess thats cause we had the same day. We will have to plan some more outings.

The Phipps said...

I love the pictures and I love Red Robin too!! I ate at one in Las Vegas and loved it! And we also laugh at the chimps!!! It is pretty darn funny!

The Cook Clan said...

The picture of the mama and baby monkey is sooooo cute!
The pics of the kids turned out good!! They are all so cute!
I was just on Heathers blog and your posts are almost identical...too funny!!
And the California Chicken Burger is my favorite too...sooooooo yummy!! I'm glad ya'll had a great fun day!!

Adam and Sherry said...

I love the zoo!! And the kids are adorable. The only thing wrong is that we weren't there with you :( Some day!! I can't wait I am missing you guys so much latley!! And seriously Colton can't get any older I can't stand it!!!

Mindy said...

That looked like soooo much fun! I love the zoo. We miss you guys and wish we could of seen you guys before we left. We got a flat tire on our way home and guess where we got the flat tire? MORGAN! We had to wait over three hours for someone to come help us. But I thought of you the whole time. :)

Campbells said...

I love Red Robin!!! They need one where we live!

mindy said...

What fun! I love spider monkeys. I still remember in 1st or 2nd grade a person from the zoo came to our class and they brought a young spider monkey whose name was Mindy. I thought it was so cool!

Shelley said...

What a blast! Monkeys are always my favorite too. :)
Btw, we just got a Red Robin here in front of the mall - I can't get enough of their strawberry lemonade!

Deedles said...

Its always fun at the zoo! I can't believe how grown up your kids look! It's been so long since we've seen you all! Miss you! I love red robin too! Yummy I'm jealous!!! :)